When it comes to dealing with this modern-day demon called “stress”, we can offer you a simple home remedy in form of lavender essential oil. In this article, we will discuss Lavender Oil Benefits and Its Uses.
The product famously used by the ancient people to tame lions and tigers. It comes with an array of medicinal qualities ad healing abilities that help relieve stress and anxiety, naturally. If tension, stress and anxiety are affecting your health and quality of your life, give a miss to those anti-stress drugs coming with harmful and often unknown side effects and welcome lavender oil to your daily routine.
Lavender oil can be used in any form, perfume or deodorant, disinfectant or massage oil. It can offer you some valuable health benefits that would surely enhance your lifestyle.
Lavender Essential Oil and Its Uses
- Lavender flowers are known for their elegant fragrance.
- The Lavender oil is extracted mostly from the flowers of the lavender plant.
- Extracted through the process of steam distillation, the lavender essential oil has traditionally been used in making perfumes.
- In the spas across the world, lavender essential oils are an integral part of their aromatherapy treatments.
- In a number of fragrant preparations, lavender is added to give it a distinct scent of lavender.
- One can hardly ignore lavender oil’s extensive use in a range of cosmetic products including massage oil, soaps, talcum, aromatherapy oil, gels, and lotions.
- Lavender oil benefits for hair – It improves hair health and it will boost hair growth. When it applied to the scalp or hair it will prevent dandruff, itchy scalp and other infections.
Lavender Oil Uses and Benefits – An Aid to Sleep
- Only an insomniac can tell you the value of a good night’s sleep. The ability to sleep soundly all through the night is indeed is a blessing.
- Sleeping pills can buy you some sleep but definitely for a price. Aromatherapy of lavender essential oil relaxes your senses and helps you get into a deep slumber.
- One recent study discovered that the scent of lavender increases the time you spend in a deep sleep. Interestingly, women are more likely to feel and benefit from the calming effects of this herb than males.
- Lavender’s distinct scent has to calm ad soothing effects on the nerve, making it an excellent remedy for emotional distress induced disorders like depression, anxiety, migraines and nervous tensions.
- Those who are suffering from insomniacs must massage their head with lavender oil. You can also induce deep sleep by sprinkling a few drops of oil on the pillow of the person suffering from insomnia. Those who are suffering from insomniacs must massage their head with lavender oil.
- Some prefer to use a diffuser at bedtime to be able to sleep better. A good night’s sleep keeps them more alert during the day.
- New moms have a hard time handling the babies that refuse to sleep at night.
- You can induce sleep into them by massaging a combination of lavender and geranium oil into the baby’s back.
- Giving a bedtime bath with water mixed with a few drops of lavender oil into it also helps in putting your baby in sound sleep.
Lavender for Pain Relief
- A hot bath with a few drops of essential oil into the water can spell magic for your stressed-out muscles.
- It can be an excellent remedy for various types of pains including sprains, backaches, joint pains or rheumatism and lumbago.
- A regular massage with lavender essential oil can give you relief from nagging joint pains.
- After a physically toiling, stressful day at the workplace, take a footbath in lukewarm water with 5-10 drops of lavender oil mixed to it. Through your porous souls, the lavender rapidly reaches your bloodstream giving your over-worked muscles a relaxing, calming feel.
- It is particularly good for those experiencing frequent headaches. Soak a piece of muslin in icy cold water and then sprinkle a few drops of lavender oil on it and then apply to the forehead. Repeat the process a few times and you are sure to enjoy instant relief. Alternatively, you can take a few drops of essential oil at the palms of your hands, rub them and massage your forehead and neck with your palms, as a result, you will recover from headache.
Lavender Essential Oil Benefits For Skin
- Coming with exceptional antiseptic and antifungal properties, lavender oil has great remedial effects on several skin conditions including acne, wrinkles, psoriasis, and other inflammations.
- By aiding in the reformation of tissues, lavender oil helps quickly heal burns and wounds, as a result, it won’t leave a scar on your skin.
- It is also effective in repairing your skin from sunburn. Firstly, add a few drops of lavender oil in water and spray it on your face.
- Alternatively, you can add lavender oil in olive oil and massage it on your face to get rid of the tanning effects.
- A combination of lavender and chamomile oil is commonly used to treat eczema.
- In a nutshell, lavender helps calm your nerves, enhanced blood circulation, relieve pain, disinfect the scalp and skin, and treat respiratory problems.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers are generally recommended to avoid using lavender essential oil.
- People with diabetes must avoid using this highly aromatic oil. It may cause allergic reactions to people with sensitive skin.
- Excessive use of lavender oil may cause nausea and headaches in some people. These are some of the lavender oil benefits for skin. In conclusion, there are many benefits of lavender essential oil. So must include lavender oil in your daily life to make yourself healthy and happy.
Also, read: Benefits of Lemon On Face To Highlight Your Beauty