Winter is such a harsh season for skin and in winter due to reduced humidity, cold outdoor air and heated indoor air zap the skin moisture, leaving skin itchy, flaky and lizard-like. Try one of the natural home remedies for dry skin on the following page to restore your skin’s elasticity and moisture.
Natural home remedies for dry skin are less expensive than store-bought moisturizers and natural home remedies don’t have harmful chemicals.
Try below suggested methods to restore moisture for dry, itchy, and flaky skin. All these suggested methods will help you restore your skin.
1. Olive Oil for skin:
Olive oil is extracted from olives, which is the fruit of the olive tree. It is rich in antioxidants. Olive oil contains healthy fatty acids and protects your body from damage. It is one of the best natural home remedies for dry skin. Olive oil contains antibacterial properties that help to eliminate bacteria on the skin. It is used in many personal care products such as moisturizing lotion, face wash, soap, etc.
How to use:
1. Take extra virgin olive oil and apply on your skin as regular moisturizer.
2. Rub some olive oil on the dry skin area and massage it lightly before taking a shower. After shower apply a light moisturizer.
3. Mix equal quantity of olive oil and brown sugar and rub this on your dry skin for a few minutes. It will soothe the condition of dry skin. After shower apply a light moisturizer.
2. Honey for dry skin:
Honey has several health benefits it has been used since ancient times. It is a natural home remedies for dry skin and can do wonders for your skin. Honey contains antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. Regular apply of honey on your skin can give you healthy and glowing skin. It helps to lock in moisture to make your skin extra soft and extra smooth. Honey contains essential vitamins and minerals that improve your skin health.
How to use:
1. Firstly, apply honey on your dry skin area and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes. Then take bath or shower. Repeat daily for best results.
2. For moisturizing mask take one spoon of honey, apply on dry skin area and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Then rinse it with cool water.
3. Take an equal amount of beeswax, unprocessed honey and olive oil. Then take a small pan and melt the beeswax over low heat. Now remove it from the heat and mix beeswax, honey and then olive oil. Apply this whole mixture all over your body and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Then take shower. Repeat it daily or weekly 3 times for good results.
3. Coconut Oil for skin:
Coconut oil is a very easy and natural home remedy for treating dry skin. It contains a good amount of fatty acids like lauric acid, myristic acid, palmitic acid, linoleic acid, and many more. Coconut oil works excellent on dry and itchy skin and helps to soften the skin.
How to Use:
1. Firstly, before going to sleep apply a little warm coconut oil on your body and wash it in the morning to make your skin soft and repeat the same process every day.
2. After a bath or shower apply coconut oil on your dry skin area. And get smooth and soft skin. Do this process every day for the best result.
3. For the face: take one tablespoon of coconut oil and apply it on your face and neck and leave your skin overnight. Wash it in the morning. Do this process every day for the best result.
4. Avocado for skin:
Avocado is replete with fatty acids, and several essential vitamins & antioxidants that help to improve overall skin health and give a natural glow. Nowadays lack of fluids and pollution can leave your skin dehydrated. The high vitamin E present in avocado helps to repair your skin and makes your skin smooth & soft.
How to Use:
1. Make a smooth paste of an avocado. Then rub the avocado paste on the dry skin area and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it off with normal water. Do this once per day for better results.
2. Firstly, take one-half cup of honey and mash one half of a ripe avocado and make a mixture. Apply this mixture on the dry skin area, leave it for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off with normal water. Apply once or twice a week. Remember do not use it more often than that.
3. You can also drink a glass of an avocado smoothie daily to increase your intake of healthy fats that will help keep your skin hydrated and moisturized.
5. Oatmeal for skin
There are many amazing benefits of Oatmeal for the skin. It is rich in proteins so you can use it to moisturize dry skin and also good for overall skin health. Oatmeal is replete with anti-inflammatory and antioxidants properties that protect your skin from pollution and chemicals. Oatmeal contains high protein which leaves a protective barrier on the skin and prevents loss of water and maintains moisture.
How to use:
1. Take one cup of plain oatmeal and pour it into your bathtub. Fill the bathtub with warm water and add a few drops of lavender oil. Soak in the bathtub for 20 minutes. Do this bath once a week for a good result.
2. For face mask: Firstly, take one cup of grounded oatmeal and take one mashed ripe banana then add a little bit of lukewarm milk to it and make a mixture. Then apply this mixture on your dry skin area and leave it for 10 minutes and rinse it off with normal water. Use this face mask only once in a week for a good result.
The above listed natural home remedies for dry skin will help you restore your skin and get rid of dry, itchy and flaky skin. Please share your thoughts if you like the published content.