In the last few articles, we told you about the importance of yoga postures. There are many types of yoga postures, and each pose has a different significance. In today’s article, we are giving you information about Gyan Mudra. Gyan mudra is very important for our body and mind. Regular practice of this mudra increases the intelligence of the practitioner. Perhaps for this reason it is also called the currency of knowledge in English. Gyan mudra is the highest among all the postures that come under yoga. Because it increases the senses of the human by awakening the sleeping fibres of the brain. It gives you relief from tension and headache. So let’s know. So that we can get better information about it. Through 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Bali, you can learn yoga and get complete information about yoga.
Method of doing Gyan Mudra:
- Even while doing yoga postures, you should choose a flat and clean place. Therefore, to perform Gyan Mudra, sit on a flat place by laying a carpet.
- After this, you sit in your favourite posture out of these three Padmasana, Vajrasana or Sukhasana.
- After this, touch the front part of your index finger with the front part of the thumb.
- Your other three fingers should remain straight. This is called the currency of knowledge.
- While doing this action, keep your hands on the thighs, but the palms of the hands should be towards the sky.
- You should do this Yoga Mudra with both your hands.
- While doing this mudra, keep the speed of your breath in front and concentrate.
- If you do not know how to meditate, then chant Om pronunciation in your mind and remove all other thoughts from your mind.
- You have to experience the complete wisdom and coolness within yourself. And to change the direction of the wrong thoughts arising in you.
- Choose the morning or evening time to practice this mudra and do it for half an hour.
- If you feel that you do not have enough time to do it, no problem, you can do it in three pieces of 10-10 minutes.
- You can understand from the name itself that Gyan Mudra is helpful in increasing your knowledge. This sharpens the brain and increases memory power.
- It is also helpful in increasing concentration. If you are unable to focus on your work, then you must do it.
- If your health gets worse again and again, then let us tell you that the practice of Gyan Mudra increases your immunity.
- This gives you mental peace, so it is also a beneficial mudra for meditating.
- This gives relief from the problem of headaches.
- It is one of the beneficial Mudras for Health. Along with this, it is also helpful in getting rid of addiction.
- It reduces lethargy and eliminates the problem of sleeplessness.
Gyan mudra can be adopted as therapy in the treatment of many diseases:-
- inflammation of nerves
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Optic atrophy (a disease of the vision)
- slow heartbeat, etc.
You can also get the benefit of doing this mudra. But people with Vata nature should not practise Gyan Mudra for a long time.