Ardha means half. Chakra means wheel. Asana means ‘pose’. The final position of the body looks like a half wheel. It is also known as “half wheel pose“. In this article, we will discuss Ardha Chakrasana Benefits, Steps and Limitations. Ardha Chakrasana is very easy to practice.
This asana is very beneficial because it helps to reduce back pains. Nowadays many peoples are suffering from back pains and blood sugar levels. For those, this yoga posture is very beneficial. Also, we will discuss what precautions you need to take while performing Ardha Chakrasana. Let’s discuss Ardha Chakrasana Benefits.
Ardha Chakrasana Benefits:
- This asana tones up the dorsal, calves and lumbar muscles, improves blood flow to the chest and neck regions.
- It helps to enhance your heart health.
- Ardha Chakrasana increases the flexibility of the spine.
- It increases blood supply to the respiratory organs and cures respiratory disorders.
- Flexible your spine and back muscles.
- This asana relieves neck and shoulder pain.
- It is very good in treating asthma and lower back pain.
- This asana relaxes cramps in the thighs and calves.
- It helps to improve lung capacity.
Ardha Chakrasana Method:
- Stand in Tadasana.
- Move your feet one-foot apart.
- While exhaling place your palms on your waist, wrist joints together and fingers facing forward. Inhale, open up the shoulders.
- Bend backward from the lumbar region.
- Maintain this posture for 30 seconds to one minute and keep your breathing normal.
- Inhale, come up to the vertical position, keeping the support at the waist by the palms.
- While exhaling release the hands.
- Come back to Tadasana and relax.
- Those with heart problems should avoid this asana.
- Peoples suffering from vertigo and hypertension should avoid this asana.
- Hernia patients must avoid this asana.
- Peoples who are suffering from high blood pressure must avoid this asana.
Keep the eyes open. Try the breathe normally as one tends to hold the breath in this pose. This asana is complementary of Uttanasana. If you find this article helpful then please share and comment your feedback.
Also, read Points to Remember Before Doing Yoga Practice.