Gynecomastia is referred to as enlargement or swelling of male breast tissue. It can affect one or both breasts. Physiologically, gynecomastia occurs in two-thirds of normal men during puberty and can persist into adolescence. This temporary breast augmentation usually goes away on its own but can persist through adolescence into adulthood due to true hypertrophy of breast tissue and access to fat, or a combination of both. Psychological problems can arise due to adolescent or idiopathic hypertrophy.
Types Of Gynecomastia:
- True Gynecomastia – It is due to the proliferation of duct and periductal tissues.
- Pseudo Gynecomastia – It is due to the deposition of adipose tissue or the presence of an excess amount of skin.
The main reason for the cause of True Gynecomastia is some form of endocrine imbalance. This may be attributable to increase estrogen and decrease androgen receptor defects or an alternate sensitivity of the breast to estrogen.
The endocrine balance may be divided into three types:
1. Physiologic Endocrine Imbalance
This condition may become evident during the various periods of a mannose life; neonatal pubertal or evolutional. Neonatal gynecomastia would likely be treated surgically. If cubital gynecomastia is a transition, there are no surgical implications. The involutional imbalance is a medical problem and surgery is rarely indicated.
2. Endogenous Endocrine Imbalance
This condition may result from a congenital or acquired hormonal abnormality.
3. Exogenous Endocrine Imbalance
This situation may result from the administration of hormones drugs whose molecular structure is similar to that of estrogen or drugs with no known mechanism of casual relationship.
However, in most cases gynecomastia cause cannot be identified, and the problem usually is idiopathic.
Ideal Candidates For Gynecomastia
Gynecomastia surgery, known as reduction mammoplasty, is a procedure that reduces the size of the male breast while providing a more contoured breast. Candidates for male breast reduction mammoplasty include patients who are:
- Are medically fit individuals
- Breast development has stabilized
- Puffy nipple appearance causing embarrassment
- Physical discomfort from oversized chest shape
- Good skin elasticity
- Controlled medical disorders
- Have a positive Outlook
In the diagnosis process of Gynecomastia surgery in Delhi, the doctor will ask about your medical and possibly family history. A physical exam will be done of the genitals and abdomen, as well as the breast tissue. If the cause appears to be a hormonal imbalance, such as during puberty, the doctor will generally inform the patient that the condition will likely clear up on its own within a year. If the lump is unusually large, one-sided, and hard, or has nipple discharge, the doctor may order a biopsy to rule out breast cancer.
Further tests will attempt to eliminate other causes such as:
- A cyst
- An abscess or furuncle.
- A benign tumour such as lipoma or hamartoma.
- Mastitis, which is inflammation of breast tissue
- Hematoma, solid swelling of coated blood
- Metastasis, cancer that has spread from other parts of the body.
A blood test may be needed like:
- Mammogram or breast ultrasound
- Chest X-rays
- CT scan or MRI scan
- Ultrasound scan of the testicles
A tissue biopsy will be advised, an appropriate sample of cells or tissues will be taken from the target area for examination under the microscope.
Symptoms Of Gynecomastia
Gynecomastia does not act as a serious problem, but the research done on people affected by this shows that it has affected their self-confidence and caused embarrassment. This can lead to significant deficits in general health, social functioning, mental health, self-esteem, and eating behaviour and attitudes compared to controls.
- Symptoms include swelling and tenderness in the best clan and tissue of one or both breasts.
- If there is only visual and persistent swelling tenderness pain on nipple discharge or a combination of these.
Benefits Of Gynecomastia Surgery
1. A More Masculine Figure
Excess amount of breast tissue formation in men is usually referred to as man boobs, but this comparison to the female figure can be very devastating for the mental health of many men who feel that their virility has been compressed by these conditions.
2. Improve Confidence And Self-Esteem
If you feel happy with their appearance it shows many men suffering from Axis breast tissue find that they also experience a loss of confidence and self-esteem feeling embarrassed or even ashamed about the way that they’ll just look unfortunately such feelings can impact every area of your life from affecting your relationship with your partner to making you to shy or embarrassed in certain types of social interaction.
Gynecomastia surgery can restore your appearance and yourself Esteem and confidence helping you to feel ready to face any situation.